Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines!!

Valentines day is upon us and I am off to the flower shop for the next couple of days. Cecile will be in charge of running the shop and hopefully she's not run off her feet.
We have had a large shipment of yarns this week. Splash double knitting yarn , Cascade 220 in new colours some new cottons and alpaca.
I love Tuesday afternoons. The knitters keep me going and I have finished two pairs of socks this week and can't wait to start a pair out of the Fixation. It is a stretch yarn in bright verigated colours for spring and I will need some new colors to go with my sandals.
I have only the border to get on my Shop Hop Quilt but it is essentially done. Woo Hoo!!!
I'm smocking baby bonnets for spring so anyone who wants to come and join our stitching group on Thursday mornings it is a great beginner item to learn on. Everyone seems to have a baby coming their way this spring. Not me, at least not yet.
I pieced a back for the Puzzle Quilt and it will be off to Hattie in the next couple of days. If everything finishes at the same time it will make for a nice touch to our booth at the Prince Edward County Quilt show in July. I'm preparing so far ahead for things it's kind of scary. We did our 300 gifts for the hookers this week and we're working on the kits for the shop hop and it's bussssssssssy in the shop. It's a great start to our 25th year.
The Thursday afternoon bi weekly block of the month has been very successful. We're up to 5 regulars in that class and people are still trying to get in. I think we'll rearrange the back room again after Valentines Day. I can make space where there is none.ggg

No comments:

Post a Comment