Saturday, February 20, 2010

Knit in a Success!!

Thank you to everyone who came to the knit in at St. Georges Church today and a big thank you to Rosemary Kirby who helped arrange everything. I think we solved most of the worlds problems and had a few hundred laughs doing it. It was good for the soul. However, those of us who talk to much were astounded that one among us was able to actually complete the helmet in a matter of about four hours. Please don't ask me how long it takes me to knit one.

What a glorious day. It felt like spring out there this afternoon. After listening to the sap run out of my old maple tree last year ( it literally ran and sounded like an open tap) I've decided to head off to the hardware store to get me a spout and a pail for the tree. For those of you laughing out there, I know how much it takes to make syrup but I thought it would be fun to do, if only once.

Mary Anne

1 comment: