Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Canada vs. Russians

Tonights the night so hunker down with your knitting or quilting and sit in front of the tv and watch yourselves a game of hockey. My daughter is an Ovechkin fan in the regular season but she's not cheering for him during the Olympics. This is a must win game for Canada so cross your fingers and toes and make a big wish and I hope it comes true. My husband and son are off to Deseronto for a hockey practice (imagine on a night when Canada meets the Russians in an Olympic semi quarter) but playoffs are beginning this weekend and all rinks are up and running tonight regardless. I think we should take a break like the NHL.
Cliff made spaghetti and caesar salad for supper and took instructions on making croutons from Travis and I while I dyed Travs hair Bleach Blond from L'Oreal. It's the playoffs and blondes have more fun.
My ball winder and swift arrived today from KnitPicks and I have already put it to use. WooHoo! Doesn't take much to excite me so for those of you who need a skein wound I'm your girl. I'm sure the novelty will wear off but for now it's a new toy.
I'm down to one of the Tibetan handbags I talked about in yesterdays blog and am almost out of the needle cases and quite a bit of the yarn. Those Hookers.
I have some new two ounce braids in from Dyeing for Colour that are great for spinning or needle felting or hooking or knitting.
I received a call today from a sales rep in Vancouver and they are taking up the challenge for the helmet liners. We've gone country wide. I am sure we will be meeting our goal of 4000 helmet liners for the troops by September.
I'm off to Hockey Night in Canada. Me and the beagle and the kitty and no other men in the house. I've got the couch all to myself and a pair of hot knitting needles.
See you tomorrow for stitching.
Red

No comments:

Post a Comment