Monday, February 22, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

I woke up this morning to a beautiful sunny but cold day. The dog went out as usual but didn't like the feel of the cold icy ground in our back yard on his tender tootsies. I proceeded to watch Breakfast Television where Frank Feregini ( I hope I haven't screwed up the spelling of his last name to much) tells me that we're going to have the biggest winter storm this year. Well, you don't have to go far to beat the largest snow fall this year but it sounds like schools are closing and buses are cancelled. My sunny day has disappeared so I imagine that's a sign that the new front is moving in. For those of you who are getting water from a well I'm sure you're going to appreciate the precipitation. Now we are worrying that the farmers won't have enough moisture in their fields to plant this spring. It wasn't that long ago that they had so much water in the spring that they couldn't even get on the land with their equipment for fear of getting stuck.
It's Canada and it's cold in winter so let it snow. (just not to much)
My son returned last night from playing hockey in Gravenhurst and things he'd probably like to go to college up there. He loves winter and they were having a giant pond hockey game on the bay and he thinks it's the place to be in the winter, his favorite time of year. Only Travis walks onto the porch in the late fall when the air has a nip in it and takes a deep breath and while exhaling says" I love this time of year". Not me!
Tuesday afternoon is our knitters group so if it has to snow let's hope that it is all cleared away before that. It is a sanity day for me and I have almost finished the back of the sweater I've been furiously working on and I want to show off how much I've got done.
I won't get to high on myself as there will be those there who have finished items in the same time it has taken me to knit the back of a kids sweater. ggg

For now
Mary Anne

1 comment:

  1. Thought about you today. I love reading your blog with a cup of tea, its a good as a personal visit . I have uploaded some new photos on my blog, take a look. The book of flowers from the embroidery guild is just stunning. Will drop in later this week, getting my stitches out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete