Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Classroom

Well, Cecile and I have decided that we are definately to old to be moving anything as heavy as the fat quarter shelves and it is also not a good idea to be laughing when you do it. Drop one of those babies on your feet and you'll know it . We survived the ordeal unscathed but we are definately out of our league when it comes to moving heavy furniture.
We have it all set up for tomorrows Hook In for 20 people and have decided with a few adjustments that we will be able to leave it that way. That does mean however, that there will be no more storage of fabric under the cutting table. That will keep me out of trouble. I'll have to put my money where my mouth is , either use it up or clear it out.
I'm not sure we will be able to get the Thursday afternoon girls to make another crazy quilt block but they humored Cecile this afternoon and tried it. It seems to me that it took a little getting used to when I did my first block and it did have to grow on me a bit. I actually like the crazy quilting and with all the new threads for embellishing and the machines that can do the work it makes the task alot easier. If you don't want to embellish it's a great way to use up scraps.
Frank, from Breakfast Television tells me this morning that Environment Canada has officially said that winter is over. Yippeee! What a great winter. Not much snow, no freezing rain to speak of and very few ploughing bills. My kind of winter.
I have got the front and back of the Crofter dk sweater done and am going to knit the sleeves at the same time and hope that I can match the yarn fairly closely. My socks will have to wait.
Project Helmet Liner is growing by the day. I don't think that there is a day that goes by that we don't have someone in to pick up the pattern or the yarn.
I have got enough of my Deanne Fitzpatrick piece hooked that I feel I can sit in tomorrow with the rest of the hookers. Can't wait!
Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment