Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Deseronto Storm Win Russell Cup

Apparently I forgot to post this? Wow, I guess I'm not getting enough sleep. Thanks to Janice for bringing this to my attention.
Rarely do I take this kind of time for myself but during the Shop Hop I slipped away early on the Thursday afternoon to go to a hockey game in Bracebridge. Not just any hockey game but game 7 of the Russell Cup featuring the Deseronto Storm and the South Muskoka Shield.
I am so glad I did. We won!!!!! Some of the fans were rabid but when our fan bus arrived I think we stunned them. Approximately 200 Deseronto fans made the trip either my car or bus and never stopped cheering our boys on from the moment they stepped on the ice during warmup.
We went up 3-0 very quickly and maintained the lead throughout the game. Final score was 4-1 for Deseronto. We arrived home at 4 a.m. and I was able to sleep for about 4 hours until I had to get up and go to work. The boys celebrated for 3 days and by the Sunday afternoon dinner for them at the United Restaurant in Deseronto everyone was tired out. I came home and went to bed at 4 p.m. and slept through till morning. The grin is still on everyones face. Travis has played on lots of great teams but you don't always get to win a championship and those boys are riding the wave. Good for them.
M.

1 comment: