Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to the Grind

Well, I am back from my weekend away. I had a great time despite the fact that we lost both hockey games on the weekend. One in double overtime and the other with two minutes to play in the game. I could live in Northern Ontario. What a beautiful place to visit. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be alot going on except tourism. If you can live off that then you are all set. I could not believe the number of people out shopping in Bracebridge on Saturday morning. It was like being in a very busy small city. Cars everywhere and everyone seemed to be in a hurry. I, on the other hand was the tourist just taking it all in. We stayed at the Sleep Inn, a very nice hotel that allowed the dog to come with us. Jasper was a very good traveller and Gilmour stayed home with Grandma. There was no fabric store or knitting store in town. Only places like Zellers or Walmart to look for this type of thing which really surprised me.
Cliff and I had a few hours to put in before Saturday nights game so we went to the Falls in Bracebridge and viewed the generating station and the falls were beautiful. At the far end, away from the falls little children were in swimming. Ah, to be young again. It was Freeeeeezing!
Don't forget that the Quilters Shop Hop will be happening this weekend. Every year it seems we manage to get some rain so I hope that it is a good weekend and lots of quilters are out.
Hope to see you there.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment