Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year to all of you

I'm a few days late but better late than never.
Happy New Year to all of you .
Being away from the shop over the holidays prevents me from enjoying the time with you that I would like to spend but all in all we did manage to get a pot luck off the ground with the Hookers and some of you even came to visit me at the flower shop, for which I am grateful. To see a smiling face just dropping by to wish me the best on the holidays was rejuvenating. I love working at the flower shop but when the holiday hits it becomes real work and I find myself looking to see if the end of the tunnel is getting closer. lol
Enough about me. 
We are preparing classes for the New Year and have taken a different approach to alot of things. One of the new things we will be doing this year is running a children's program. You can sign up by the month or if you sign up for an 8 week program you can claim it on your taxes. We could always do these things with sports but the arts are now included and I think it's wonderful. So if you know someone who wants to sew  , we want them to sew with us!
Hookers. Don't forget your class will start on the 16th of January. This is an open class so all are welcome.
Know your Serger. This will be a two part class. Pat has been working diligently on this class, both for your learning as well as enjoyment purposes. We want you to have a good time in this class, learn a ton of stuff and have fun too. Serger is like  a bad word to me. I persevere and stay with it but that darn machine just doesn't like me very much. One thing I do know is that after taking a class with Pat, I knew that it wasn't going to beat me. So, if you have a serger and want to love it instead of hating it. This is the class for you.
Quilters, there are fabrics, patterns and notions arriving all the time so drop in and see what's new or perhaps what you missed on your last visit. Classes will begin in late January so drop in and check us out. I have UFO days on the first and second Friday of the month so if you just want out of the house and to sew with some friends let me know your're coming and I look forward to seeing you.
Knitters. Lots and lots of yarn for sweaters, scarves and socks has rolled in over the holidays and it's finallly cold enough to be inside knitting. On those beautiful days , we all want to get outside and enjoy but it's a little chilly and the sidewalks are a little slippery and there's nothing like a pair of socks on your needles to keep you busy.
I will try to keep my blog a little more updated this year as I've noticed I've been slipping lately. 
Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment