Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's hot, but we have air!

We have had a very busy week at Andjareenas Place . Just when I thought that I wouldn't see anyone out in this heat, I was pleasantly surprized with the number than have been through the shop. Trent Valley Quilters had their end of the year pot luck and I saw several members through the shop on Tuesday  , before and after the meeting. Hookers were out in full force today and we are planning our fall classes. Janice is on the road to recovery after her knee surgery and we look forward to her teaching again this fall.
Pat and I have been working diligently at our class list for the fall and there will be lots of sewing and quilting on our list. I am getting ready for the Prince Edward County Quilt Show and the creative juices are flowing.
We have had an enormous interest in sewing lately and I am happy to offer classes. It is great that there are so many interested in learning. Both young and old are interested in classes and we are interested in sharing the knowledge.
Just a note to let Maureen know that we are thinking of you and hope you will be back to knitting soon. I hope you will be able to get out and about soon and we will be happy to see you.
PUL fabrics are taking off and we are actually close to selling out of a few of them. Drop in and see this waterproof fabric that is being used for diaper covers, change table pads, raincoats etc. One customer pointed out to me today that it would be great for a bottom sheet for a little one that is in training but having night time accidents. What a great idea!
Christmas fabrics are rolling in daily so don't miss out on the new flannels that are in. These will be sold out well before Christmas and some of the companion prints can be used for projects that are not for Christmas.
Hope to see all of you out and about soon and with the same excitement that I have for sewing this fall
Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment