Monday, April 23, 2012

What a great day!

Today I hosted Jan Easton and Quilts of Valour. What a great day of sewing we all had and thanks for all the great support. Emily Mountenay was kind enough to come out and take pictures for the paper so watch for them on Thursday. Hopefully Emily got my best side. lol
It was nice to see Marilyn Edmunds , who stopped in to check on our progress and pick up a quilt kit to make up. I'm sure she'll have hers completed before the rest of us after listening to her sewing schedule. lol

Trent Valley Quilt show on the weekend was very well attended and it was nice for a change not to be working at it. I really enjoyed being able to just walk around and have a nice look at the quilts and visit with everyone who I haven't seen in quite awhile. Unfortunately I work for a living and am unable to get out of my shop in the afternoon to attend meetings but that doesn't mean that I don't think about the guild or the people in it. There was a real variety of quilts and there are some very talented ladies in this group. More than once , while reading the tags on the quilts I realized that they were designed by the quilter. These ladies have taken great pains to design their own quilts from the ground up and done a wonderful job.
Congratulations to Sharon French . I hear that she won for her Thimbleberries pattern that had a lot of applique as well as embroidery and silk ribbon embroidery. Well done Sharon!

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment