Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I've been shopping............

Sunday was a beautiful day and I spent it in a warehouse in Toronto picking up yarn. There are some beautiful new additions and I picked up a Malabrigo Rasta ,that is a chunky to bulky weight, in great colours. There is also some nice new sock yarn from Step and a beautiful Alpaca sock weight. I had some nice sport weight Alpaca and silk but it disappeared off the table before it even made it to the shelves. Hopefully I will have some more of it before the end of the week.
The knitters turned out if full force today and I need to move around the back room again to make room for more chairs. This group continues to grow and I am so excited about how helpful everyone is. The new sock knitters are getting help from the more experienced ones and they are so encouraging who wouldn't want to keep it up. Pat and Joanne are doing great and both have completed a pair of socks, Janice is nearing the end of the top down baby sweater and we all look forward to making our own top down sweaters in January. I'm not sure what Betty was up to today but she made me laugh several times and that's good enough for me.

Rug hookers meet on Wednesday afternoons and I look forward to seeing more examples of their work from the Ancaster school. I think they were all tired after the weekend and took a break last week so hopefully they will all be out tomorrow to bring me up to date.

ttyl
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment